Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm a spoiled MOMMA and WIFE!

So this year for Mother's Day my WONDERFUL, CARING, ROMANTIC and THOUGHTFUL husband got me several fabulous gifts. First we all got up bright and early on Mothers Day and headed to the Little America for their TO DIE FOR breakfast buffet. Just before we left the house Tyler handed me a bag from Jared. I thought he was crazy getting me jewelry instead of clothes like I'd asked for. But hey, am I honestly going to say no to jewelry...no, it's my favorite accessory. Some girls go crazy about shoes and purses...mine is jewelry.
Last year he got me a beautiful necklace from him and the kids. This year he got me earrings to match last years necklace and a beautiful hydrangea.

They both look like this... but all white gold.


But that's not all. So as were getting things together and he starts asking me funny things about my rings. Like "did you get your rings on" and I'm like yeah, of coarse I never leave home without my wedding ring. I feel naked without it. But the day before we were working in the yard and I never needed to put it on. So, when I went to put it on that morning it was a little snug, but I didn't even look down I just pulled off my ring, put it in my mouth, put some lotion on and slid it back on my finger. I do recall thinking it looked shinier than normal though. So were sitting at breakfast with my Mom, Dad, Matt & Mary. I see the four of them having their own conversation at the end of the table and my mom asked what I got for Mothers day. I tell her and Tyler says that's not MY present to you. I was confused, slowly it hit me. All the ring comments he'd made that morning, I look down at my ring and BA-BOOM!! I've got a WHOPPING UPGRADED DIAMOND!!!! I can't believe I didn't even notice earlier, I'm glad my family was there to see it too... kinda like a real proposal all over again.
(When we first got married we were tight because of the baby on the way and I didn't want some massive diamond to have to pay off. So we decided that on our 5th or 10th Anniversary we'd upgrade my diamond to a larger size. And boy did he keep his promise!)

I am still blown away by the creativity and sweetness that Tyler will do just to surprise me. I feel so blessed to have such a perfect partner for me. I honestly would have been happy to have the same diamond we picked out in the beginning for the rest of my life. As long as I was married to him that long. But the fact that he kept his promise to me 5 years later just wow's me. I feel like we've just renewed our Wedding vows to each other. I'm one lucky lady, and believe me, I DO NOT forget that. Every day I see him with our beautiful children, every day he help me clean up, every project he supports me on, and his hard work and dedication to his job. I can't wait to our 10 year anniversary!! LOVE YOU TYLER DALE!!! MWAH!!

1 comment:

Cara said...

This post just made me smile. I'm so glad you guys are so happy! :)